How to Enable WordPress SVG Media Support (Safely)
How to Safely Enable WordPress SVG Support?
SVGs are a great way to enhance the look of your site! We recommend utilizing SVGs, PNG, and JPGs together to achieve the best performance, as very detailed images will not perform as good in SVG format. SVGs are great for your logo, to ensure it looks pixel-perfect on every screen, along with icons. What are your thoughts? Have you used SVGs yet on your WordPress site?
There are a lot of plugins out there but we recommend Safe SVG plugin.
Safe SVG is the best way to Allow SVG Uploads in WordPress!
It gives you the ability to allow SVG uploads whilst making sure that they’re sanitized to stop SVG/XML vulnerabilities affecting your site.
It also gives you the ability to preview your uploaded SVGs in the media library in all views.
- Sanitised SVGs – Don’t open up security holes in your WordPress site by allowing uploads of unsanitised files.
- View SVGs in the Media Library – Gone are the days of guessing which SVG is the correct one, we’ll enable SVG previews in the WordPress media library.
- SVGO Optimisation – You’ll have the option to run your SVGs through our SVGO server on upload to save you space.
- Choose Who Can Upload – Restrict SVG uploads to certain users on your WordPress site or allow anyone to upload.
- Premium Support – Pro users get premium support whilst free support is offered in the WordPress forums in our spare time
What is an SVG?, Benefits of SVGs, and Why SVG Security is Important Learn All and More here